Saturday, April 4, 2009

Life moves on

Life has been good and busy! It seems that I think - I should blog this or that, then life keeps going and the chance gets away from me.

A big part of this 2009 year so far has been enjoying the open house and dedication of the Draper temple! I can see the temple from our family room and love having the visual reminder of what the temple means to me and my family. I have felt compelled to gather my geneology, I always thought that would be for my golden years, but I feel the need to get the names into my computer. I have become addicted to getting those names into my PAF folder and I am loving it. I like to think about who these people were, how they enjoyed their families and lives, what it was like to leave their families and go to a different country.


We had an incredible opportunity to be in the temple for the first dedicatory session and that memory is something that will always be in my heart. Sitting in the temple with my DH and children, it must be a little like heaven. Hearing my oldest son sing so strongly, The Spirit of God was amazing! He is the one who never sings in church, but I know he felt the spirit strongly, it was a powerful song to be singing in the temple and I knew that he knew it. Another memory for my heart. I remember the prophet said after the dedicatory prayer to remember that we were now in a dedicated temple so we needed to act reverently. This was something that Haylie picked up on and was happy about. She said that she couldn't wait to come back to the temple when she was old enough. There are so many wonderful memories associated with "our" temple.


On a different note,


We have expirenced two proms from a boy's perspective (much easier!) with Josh going to Alta's prom and Aaron going to Jordan's prom. Josh and his friends decided to go 80's and wear pastel tuxes - Josh wore lavendar (!). I don't remember lavendar tuxes at my prom in the 80's, maybe my memory is fading, can't say that I really care now anyway.


Aaron was the traditional one for his prom, he wore black. I have yet to find out if he danced any dances besides the slow ones...

I must say that I love my boys, my girls, Randy and I love my life!

2 comments:

J.E. said...

Great post. I love hearing about the boys going to Prom. I'm laughing a little about the lavendar tux though.

The Draper Temple is beautiful, that's awesome you can see it from your family room!

Angelfish said...

what a wonderful experience to have in the temple with your family. I can think of nothing better.