Saturday, January 10, 2009

Randomly thinking

"Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life." James Cromwell

That said, I must say I am running an animal daycare! I was in a Relief Society meeting this past week and got no less than 4 phone calls...

"Where are you? THE PUPPY GOT OUT!!"

"When are you coming home? The puppy pooped on the carpet!!"

"WHAT DO I DO? THE CAT IS SNIFFING THE PUPPY!"

"I don't know what to do with Roxy!"

These calls came from Tbone - not the biggest fan of animals. A little stressful. Roxy managed to push against the puppy play pen and get out. (We fixed that.)

Sigh.

She is cute, but I find myself waking up in the night to check the time because I haven't heard her cry. Scary.

This morning I was watching "Ratatouille" on TV to stay awake at 6:30 (not much to choose from at this early Saturday morning time - this is a family favorite, go little chef!). I was up at 3:30 with the pup for a moment for a potty break and then had to keep reading my book, there where only a few chapters left. Bad choice.

I am tired today.

I did give my fridge the New Year's clean - the oldest thing I found was expired in 11/2007 (pop out dough rolls). Yuck. Ky and Tbone would be impressed. They are the expiration date freaks in the family. Yes, you are. I have been known to scratch/cover/remove/lie about this particular date in the past... sorry. No one died.

I got the call this morning that our RS teacher for tomorrow has come down with strep, so I will be teaching 1/3 of the lesson with my presidency... a blessing that the lesson can easily divide into thirds. I am actually looking forward to focusing my thoughts on something. Ever since Roxy came from the North Pole I have felt very scattered.

1 comment:

J.E. said...

Welcome to Dog Life. It gets easier, I promise. It almost sounds like you have a newborn in the house again.