Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Cookies with Patch


Patch and I had a late night baking session - we were the only one's home tonight. I put some Amy Grant Christmas music on my computer to help us get in the mood of the season and then pulled out a new recipe for spice cookies - very yummy - (like a ginger snap, but soft and chewy). Let's get busy!

And then... my beautiful music was interrupted with Ashley Tisdale singing "last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day you gave it awwwway..."

WHAT?!!
Patch was laughing and singing for all she was worth. There was nothing else to do but join in and we were loud. The cat looked scared.

Thanks Patch for still singing with me. Thanks for holding hands with me when we walk together outside. Thanks for all your hugs and telling me you will miss me while you are at school. I enjoyed lunch with you last week, you are the cutest lunch worker who ever scraped food... (big smile here!)

Love you. Love you. Love you.


Ky, glad you are coming to visit and that you guys want to make sugar cookies - maybe we will crank up the music and sing some... Back Street Boys Christmas or Neil Diamond Christmas (as long as Dad isn't around!) "I I I I I'm dreaming of a white Christmas..." Join in, you know the words - ha ha.


1 comment:

Jani and David said...

Those cookies were so so good. And I really n eeded that post about Maxwells talk. THank you for being so open to the spirit.