Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mom, I got it.



Today was another first, T bone's first day of seventh grade. I woke him up at 6:10 (ouch!). French toast and the big decision of what to wear behind him, I asked if I could walk with him to the bus stop. He looked at me and said "Mom, I got it."

I looked at him for a long moment and said "Ok, have a great day." In my mind I asked - please, can I just hug you once and sniff your smell - searching for, but knowing I won't find that fresh baby scent or the playful little boy dirt smell, but the current one of cologne (!) and deodorant! Another little man out the door and I am praying like crazy that the world will be kind, he will remember to CTR and will always want to talk with me.

Another bandaid to the heart until it heals, again.


2 comments:

Angelfish said...

Wow. Talk about mixed feelings. I've been half dreading, half anticipating Hughie's first day of kindergarten. Kept thinking that it will be so great to have them all in school, finally, and all I have to do is make it through the first day and it will all be downhill from there. Now you're saying that it really isn't that much easier ....Any advice??

J.E. said...

Ohhhh. He looks so cute. Cologne? Where did time go? I hope he had a fabulous 1st day!!! You are such a good mom for just letting him go, I think I would have spied on him at the bus stop.