Sunday, July 13, 2008

Raspberry Days!

Look at the lovely raspberries that Ernie and I picked from our patch this evening! This is our first real raspberry season and it is very exciting for me as I don't have a very green thumb when it comes to growing things that can be eaten. Don't they look so sweet and tasty? It is only about 3 cups, but there is wonderful potential as these are the first "pickins" of the season. I am delighted to get this many away from the birds. I am anxiously awaiting apricots on our trees, maybe some apples (again, those birds!) and our grapes are looking very plentiful. My gardening trend for now is plant it once and reap the harvest for years to come. Mmm, maybe raspberry shakes for a late night treat tonight...

3 comments:

Kori said...

yum! I can't decide which I like more, the picking part or the eating part... It's blueberry season here and I'm trying to decide whether to brave the heat (and probably mud since it's been raining so much lately).

Pedaling said...

i saw your grape vines and they are beautiful and do look promising...enjoy!

J.E. said...

Mmmmmm. That is more raspberries than I saw the whole week at Bear Lake. I would have a challenge picking them because I would want to eat them along the way.