Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Love To See The Temple

Patch, Tbone and I watched today as the statue of Angel Moroni was placed on the Draper Temple! I always assumed that this part was done towards the end, but maybe they are close to being finished on the outside. The grounds are being planted with trees and ground cover. It looks so beautiful even now with scaffolding around the top. When we got home we went on our deck and were glad to see the golden glow on the top of the temple.

Patch in front of the temple. They are building the fountain behind her.
Notice the little basket to the right of Angel Moroni. There were two men inside of it who were working on small details of the statue. I don't think I would care for that job!


2 comments:

Kori said...

What an awesome opportunity to create lasting memories of the temple. Surely, your kids will always remember this experience.

J.E. said...

That is sooo cool. I can't wait to see it when it's finished. How nice it will be to have a temple so close to you. On my mission, there was no temple on the islands and the members only saw pictures and learned of what they were like and the sacredness of what went on inside. 99% of them will never see a temple b/c they cannot afford to leave Vanuatu. How blessed we are that they are literally being built just down the street.