Tuesday, June 3, 2008

DMV, oh my

Ernie and I spent 3 hours (really) at the DMV today. It was out of control. I didn't think it would be that long - our section number was D381. When we arrived it was D360. I am still kind of numb and brain dead - I left the house with everything I needed for everyone else and did NOT have a book to read. Spice man cleaned out my car and snatched my reading material that I tuck down between my seat and the middle console. Yikes! It was total mind numbing boredom with lots of people coughing and sneezing, not so good. With all the waiting time, Ernie was able to keep reading and rereading the driving manual and he passed the test. That was GOOD NEWS because I do not know how soon I could bring myself back there. I let him drive home from my sister's house in Draper. I feel bad for my kids, I am just a nervous mother when my kids drive, I try not to be, but that is how it is. I envision the worst and then worry, worry, worry while they drive. It is just too stressful all the way around. Good for Ernie day, not so good for me day, but I guess I got good mom points or something. Dinner didn't happen, Wendy's did for the family (sorry guys).

So glad we are going on vacation to the beach on Friday... I can not wait! A terrific house on the beach... fresh shrimp for dinner on Saturday... and I will NOT forget my books to read on the beach.

4 comments:

Kori said...

Yikes! what a day... what a couple of weeks (wedding, etc..)! I bet you are sooo ready for the beach! Congrats to Ernie. At least if he drives up and down Ocean blvd. it's only about 20 mph in good traffic...

Pedaling said...

it's hard to believe these boys have grown up so fast!
the west valley dmv is the best- as you will find the most variety of great people watching ever!!
Have a wonderful relaxing time at the beach!!
is there internet there?
probably not and that is most likely a good thing

J.E. said...

I can't beleive Ernie will be driving. EEEK! Your kids grow up so fast! Next thing you know LAXboy will be graduating. Have a wonderful time at the beach, I'm 100% jealous. By the way I tagged you (see my blog for details). Sorry.

J.E. said...

I'm excited to hear about your family vacation. Hope you post some pics!