Saturday, May 17, 2008

They have only just begun...






What a completely wonderful day for Ky and EJ. There was literally not a cloud in the sky as the day began...
I especially loved the quiet time that she and I had together as she was getting ready in the temple. It was very peaceful and tender. For me, my emotions of the day were so close that the tears were frequent. Everything that I have felt and do feel for her as my beautiful, grown up daughter was filling up and overflowing from my heart. Looking at her as her eyes filled too; I felt our mother/daughter bond strengthen. I am looking forward now to the new adventure of having a married daughter and the friendship that will continue. This time was something that I will always remember and treasure.
The sealing was beautiful. So tender for them and so spiritual. I felt humbled and so full of gratitude. I loved seeing EJ's eyes glisten with tears and watch his hand tremble as he reached to hold Ky's. It is so wonderful to see how much he cherishes her. I find so much happiness watching how he demonstrates his love for her by the tender way he treats her.
The reception was everything we wanted. The flowers, the room, the music, the food, the wonderful people who came - it could not get any better than it was. I am excited to see the wedding video again. It will be on the videographer's blog next week so I will post the link. I am happy too that the wedding pictures will be available for all to check out next Friday. Even EJ's missionary Grandma in Spain will be able to see them!
Thanks to all of you who came and supported Ky and EJ and our family. It was so fun to see so many good friends and renew those friendships.

3 comments:

Pedaling said...

oh, it was a beautiful day
i am so happy for you and your hubby- we need to think of a nick name for him- and happy for your daughter and new son and just everyone
you all deserve a bit of r& r now!

Spin said...

she looked absolutely beautiful and happy and he seems like such a great young man. i am so happy for all of you. it turned out spectacular. and while the day is about the bride i have to say that you looked great as well. im glad it was so nice for all of you

J.E. said...

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. The day was perfect and she looked absolutely amazing. Her dress was classic and I loved her hair and make-up. Loved your dress at the reseption too, that green color was beautiful. I like the last pic you posted, how cute. I can't wait to see the wedding vid, we stayed as long as we could before the little man became tired. E-mail me the link for the vid if you don't blog it.