Monday, May 12, 2008

Sick on Mother's Day


I spent Mother's day in bed with a head cold - yuck. I have not been sick for so long, I can't remember when the last time was. Of course, less than a week to the wedding and I have a runny nose, stuffy head, sore throat. I am a mess.
DH bought me a beautiful corsage to wear for mother's day. It is my favorite, a white gardenia and smelled heavenly. This is a sweet reminder of our wedding day as I had gardenia's in my wedding bouquet. Being sick, I kept the corsage on the night stand so I could reach over and sniff it through out the day.
Mother's day this year is also the same day as Patch's 9th birthday! It was a good although sniffley day.

3 comments:

Spin said...

so sorry but get better! it's the big big big exciting week! hope you enjoy every minute of it

Pedaling said...

not sick on moms day!!you have a big week ahead of you-i hope youre feeling better today!

J.E. said...

I know, we missed you on Mother's Day. I hope you are feeling better and can't wait for tomorrow and Friday.