Thursday, May 22, 2008

Banana Bread Baking Day

Thanks to a cold, rainy day and over ripe bananas, I had to make a good friend's very yummy banana bread. This is a great recipe.

Sheila's Banana Bread
ingredients:

2 cups mashed bananas (about 4-5)

2 cups sour cream

1/2 softened butter - not melted, just a little softened

2 & 2/3 cup white sugar

4 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

4 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. If you have a convection setting, use that at 375 degrees

Spray 2 nice size loaf pans with Pam and then grease with Shortening, as well.

Combine banana and sour cream. Set aside. in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar til smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and banana mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir in the banana mixture. spread the batter evenly into the prepared pans.

Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven. or til a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. I like to get the top nice and crusty ensuring that the center is cooked through. You will find that the sour cream in this recipe makes this the most delicious and moist banana bread you've ever had. Also, if your family will go along with it- walnuts would be wonderful added in. My kids think that they don't like nuts. It's fabulous either way!

* I sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon on the top... I love cinnamon!

2 comments:

Pedaling said...

so was it as good as i hyped it up to be?

Amy said...

Yes! I made a double batch to so I could give some away. My kids loved it and Boo did too. I told her it was her lucky day to come over when I had made her mom's banana bread. I am going to freeze a loaf, it is too tempting sitting on the counter looking at me...