Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Zen Garden Is the Catbox!


You know how we get caught up in life and it just runs away with us? I read all these articles about “keeping it simple” and making our life’s more fulfilling and wondered to myself do we ever reach that point where life is simple? Who defines what simple is? Maybe for some, keeping it simple is living life in the moment. Concentrating on what is happening right now. I find myself thinking ahead and not always enjoying the moment. I need to remember to breathe and find joy in the moment I am in. (Note to self: It is TT's last off track time for 6th grade, I need to enjoy these 2 weeks with him. Need to make a double batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and have it for lunch with him!)

This year, instead of New Year's resolutions, I am going to set goals and evaluate where I am in life during my birthday month. Kind of unusual? Maybe, maybe not. I was reflecting on where I am and where I would like to see myself and making the two a reality. That is when I realized that for me, my zen garden is the cat box. The daily repetition of things, both the "have to do" and "love to do" things, that keep me grounded. It isn’t so bad. I have good friends, a family I love, I live in a beautiful state.
Overall not a bad place to be!

3 comments:

Suzie said...

you've gotten a great start on this blogging thins.
I'll be back to take in the delights here.

Suzie said...

blogging thing. I meant blogging thing. :)

Spin said...

great post. it is the "simple" things.